Sunday, June 30, 2013

DIY - The Easiest Daily Makeup Brushes Cleaner!

Hey guys,

So the other day, I used up all my e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner (I love it by the way, it's a great product for the price. Highly recommended.) and I really needed to clean my brushes. I'm too lazy to wash my brushes everyday, but it's important to make sure you don't re-use dirty brushes because not only is there leftover makeup on your brushes, but also oil, dirt, bacteria, etc. Using dirty brushes can cause breakouts, irritation, rashes, and all the bad things that you don't want for your skin. So since I had about 5 more brushes to clean, I looked around my bathroom and vanity, and came up with my own daily cleaner for makeup brushes! It's super easy and does a great job!

You'll need 2 ingredients:

1. Cleansing water: I used Bioderma (which you can get from Amazon if you are in the US like me. Click on the link!), but Sephora has a good one, or you can use any cleansing water (water-based makeup remover).

2. Rubbing Alcohol: You can find this everywhere. I used the CVS brand 70% Rubbing Alcohol, but you can use higher % ones if you feel like.

My version of this daily brush cleaner:




How to:
So I opened the empty container of the e.l.f brush cleaner (you can use any spray bottle you want), poured about 3/4 full of cleansing water, and fill the container to full with the rubbing alcohol (So basically 3 parts cleansing water, 1 part alcohol). When you use it, make sure to shake it well. Spray it on your brush, swirl it around on a paper towel, and your brushes will look great, smell great (depending on what cleansing water you are using) and super clean! This method is great for daily spot clean or if you need to use the same brush for different products or different colors.

Try this out if you need a quick easy way to clean your makeup brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment